Sunday, February 8, 2015

Osaka, Japan (Day 7 & 8: Ichiran Ramen, Yakiniku Icho)

After some good drinks with great company last night, I woke up in the afternoon already. This was our last full day in Osaka but I just couldn't muster myself for a final day push. Instead, I decided to slow the pace today.

Ichiran Ramen in Umeda

For lunch, I had to try out some ramen before we left Japan. We decided to try Ichiran Ramen located in Umeda district. They have 3 branches in total around Osaka.

Pick your ramen preference

While waiting to be assigned a spot, you can already get your side orders (through a stub) from the vending machine. Likewise, there's a form containing your ramen preference. 

Ichiran Ramen

When it was finally our turn, each one of us was assigned to one of these cubicles. Someone from the booth will get your order stub and form. Wait a few minutes and they will serve your order. You barely even interact with the restaurant staff at this place. It was my first time to experience something like this.

Ichiran Ramen

As for the ramen, it's probably one of my favorites in terms of taste and overall experience. You should also order their cold tofu which can be eaten before or after your ramen. 

Ichiran Ramen

The rest of the afternoon was allocated for last minute shopping. We spent most of our time in the supermarket.

Yaikiniku Icho

For dinner, we wanted to make sure we ended our trip on a high note. We decided to have dinner at Yakiniku Icho located in Umeda.

Yakiniku Icho

Just look at the marbling...

Yakiniku Icho

Yakiniku Icho

Our last supper in Japan did not disappoint!

As the sun rises the next morning, I cannot believe that this trip is coming to an end. I guess it's just a matter of time when I return to this wonderful country. 

Thank you Japan! ありがとうございます!

- Just Another Wanderer

No comments:

Post a Comment